Tuesday, September 30, 2008


Hi, I'm Tim Winslade, (that's me...with the denim jacket). I'm a "rev", which just means I pastor a church in a denomination that is big on titles. I come from Nowra, N.S.W. (Australia) and am married and have 5 kids (aged 5 1/2 to 19). I love my family and I also love sports - the challenenge, the team work, the physical effort...I am doing my D Min thesis on the connection between sports and Christianity in an Aussie context and am using the participation in this course on Living the Bible in a Post Modern Context to help develop some more ideas on practical theology. I also hope to gain a better understanding of some of the tools to better present our good news about Jesus Christ to the post modern world in which we live. Some bits may not be new - but I am open to all possibilities and am excited to see how I can use some of these ideas to break out of old habits and be transformed not only in my thinking, but also in my living....let the journey begin!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

review this theory
http://desire-body.blogspot.com/
well supported arguement.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim. I like your willingness to listen to opinions that don't fit with yours.

I am a preachers kid, who was taught from an early age that Jesus was the son of God. This message was drilled into my brain over and over again. And I accepted it.

As an adult I started to ask more questions. What I found was that my questions were met with answers that made no sense. When I pushed Christians to clarify their answers they just became angry with me.

I swear if I hear one more person say..."Well, sometimes God's answer is NO", I'm going to explode.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Tim

Anonymous said...

tim, enjoying having you in class, thanks for what you are contributing,

steve taylor

Don George said...

G'day Tim, who's the good looking guy in green? I'll be interested in what you find out about aussies and sport. Sometimes the sport becomes the god and to be indifferent to sport is seen as heresy. So as a part of being all things to all men I try to follow a bit of all sports. I don't really have a favourite team in any code but have chosen one just to be able to make conversation. Having said that I do enjoy my cricket.
Don